Welcome...

I created this blog because I love to write... I find it a release because sometimes you are not able to share with others how you feel or you just do not want to burden the world with your thoughts, feelings, or your desires, so you just write them down. I also feel that through writing you can make an unspoken connection with someone, help them to share in your joy, in your sorrows, or make them laugh... Some of these pieces describe things that have happened to me or things that I have felt or have been feeling, or they may just be there for sheer entertainment purposes. I hope you will enjoy them...I would also like to use this blog to have other writers share their pieces with me and with the other followers of this blog.



Web Directory

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Cold...

I woke up from a deep sleep.
It was so dark, so lonely.
I felt so cold…down to my soul.
I tried to light a fire and pulled up all the covers but to no avail.
Would this feeling ever subside?
I just sat there trying to calm myself, tried to think of a beach, of better days.
Still nothing…
I decided that it was something…
Could I have woken up to the truth…that was my life?
This is not what I have been dreaming of when I was a little girl. This is it. I can’t wait to see how life will be when I grow up. I am already there. I guess I have been searching and yearning for something better. I just woke to the reality…
I finally fell back to sleep…
I woke up again this time, but this time it was still dark but then my eyes readjusted and I saw this hand reaching out towards me. I don’t usually take chances but this time I did. I took the hand and I let it touch my soul. I felt goose bumps all over but it made me feel safe. I felt a warm breath in my ear and a sweet whisper, “You are not alone, and I am confused too. If you let me we can find out the truth, together.”

No comments:

Post a Comment